MPR’s Young Member Travel Grants 2022 until 22 May 2022
We are proud to announce a call for candidates from all continents to apply for MPR’s Young Member Travel Grant 2022. The grant is designed to encourage MPR members age 35 and younger to participate in our annual conference from 20–28 August 2022 in Prague, Czech Republic. We will accept applications for members up to age 40, but priority will be given to members age 35 and younger.
The grant will offer three young members of €500 euros each, and provide assistance for airfare (in the most reasonable level of Economy Class), accommodation for the duration of the Meeting and registration fees. Insurance coverage, local transportation, meals and other expenses related to the members’ participation will not be covered by the grant, in any circumstances.
Applicants must meet the following criteria to apply:
- 35 years of age or under (we will take applications up to 40 years of age, but those 35 and under will be prioritized)
- Be an individual member of ICOM and of MPR for at least 18 months prior to grant application.
- Be working in a museum for a minimum of two years at the grant application date.
- Should be able to write and understand spoken English fluently, and speak English conversationally.
- Priority will be given to countries belonging to Categories 4, 3 and 2.
- Is aware that young members who have received grants in the last three years will not be given priority for a grant in 2022.
- Up-to-date with membership dues for 2020 and 2021.
All applications must include:
- a copy of ICOM membership card and number
- contact details and affiliation
- a 200 word statement of the applicant’s motivation for attending the annual meeting and the benefits which he/she expects to derive from it.
- the applicant’s curriculum vitae indicating training, work experience, publications as well as current work responsibilities within his/her institution (maximum one page).
- a letter of recommendation.
In awarding grants, priority will be given to those applicants:
- who show a good understanding of the benefits to be derived from attending the MPR Annual Meeting.
- who has already been accepted to speak on the conference subthemes.
- Who come from countries belonging to Categories 4, 3 and 2.
- Who may obtain other sources of funding to facilitate their attendance at the meeting.
Each grantee will be required to submit a report within two weeks following the meeting stating his/her experience and contribution to ICOM activities and MPR’s activities.
The resources for this program are limited. Applicants are required to comply with the eligibility criteria stated in this document.
Please send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org by 22 May 2022.